a dash ofconfectionery or powdered sugar (for serving)
This recipe is for 1 whole sheet of puff pastry. Each package usually has 2 sheets.
1) Preheat oven to 415. Defrost 1 sheet of puff pastry for about 40 minutes until just soft. Don’t let puff pastry sheet get too warm and put it in the refrigerator if you’re not using it right away after 40 minutes of defrosting.
2) Core and peel apples, slice them thinly. Remove the pits from the plums, and slice them thinly.
3) In a bowl with apples, add 2 tablespoons brown sugar and let sliced apples sit for 5-10 minutes to get all juicy.
4) In a separate bowl, add 2 tablespoons brown sugar to sliced plums and let plums sit for 5-10 minutes to release their juices.
5) Line baking sheet with parchment paper. You don’t have to grease parchment paper.
6) Beat 1 egg in a small bowl until well blended. Brush puff pastry sheet with egg wash, especially the edges. Line apple slices and plum slices (apple slice, plum slice, apple slice, plum slice and so on) in a straight line along the puff pastry sheet. Make sure not to fill the whole space of puff pastry, so that you have extra space around the edges for puff. You should have 3 rows as shown on the photo:
7) Bake for 20 minutes until pastry puffs up along the edges. To serve, sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar.